Seldom Told

WARNING!!! Just when you thought it was safe...Dno's back and he is as nutty as ever. Sanity causes stress, and I have ample amounts of it. If you read this BLOG, be warned, little of it makes sense, but do read the archives. I must now dance. Dance with me. Feel the music...

Monday, January 30, 2006

Ghosts in the Hallways

It is said that the high school I currently work in is haunted. About 3 ghosts walk the halls and enter the various rooms, but not necessarily at night.

Main Building: (boy ghost)

Sometimes during a class, a door or hall window will be open just enough for someone to peek in (maybe it opens itself; I heard this a while ago). A student’s face can be seen through the opening and it seems like he wants to enter the room, but he disappears into the hall. A teacher or student might be tempted to open the door to inquire about the student (ask why he’s not in class), but they are greeted with nothing. He’s gone

South Building: (girl ghost)

Another student dwells in the Home Economics Course’s classrooms. She will show up on a whim to attend class. Usually standing, she wears the uniform of several years back. A teacher once wondered why a girl wearing another school’s uniform was standing in the classroom. Well, it wasn’t another school. It was just another time.

Koshinjan Building: (Voices and a Presence)

In the newer building where they have the library, the language lab, the kitchen, and the computer rooms, there is another presence. Another teacher was with some students and getting ready to leave. A storage closet built into the wall next to the staircase was opened, but no light on. It wasn’t cleaning time, so nobody would need the closet, so they closed it. As they did, a scream escaped. It sounded like a girl. It could very well have been a girl. Some other students heard it too. It seemed to come from the closet, but they searched it. Nothing.

There have been some things I have seen and quickly brushed off; the boy’s bathroom door slowly opening and closing as if someone were leaning against it, the crazy hairy monster I saw out of the corner of my eye and sitting on the counter where I teach, the bodies lined up in the rear of my curtained room, just waiting, and the oft sounds of footsteps. The door can be explained by an open window and a healthy breeze. The hairy head would be my bag with wool scarf draped across it. The line up of students was the models for new uniforms which were set up for display. The footsteps are usually someone else…or something.

I have felt things; a shadowy figure watching as I descend the staircase, cold feeling shivering my body in hot room, and a voice…not exactly sure what it is or what it’s saying, maybe a mumble. I sometimes get jumpy when stuff like that happens.

While spooked, one could imagine seeing shoes in a toilet stall and the door opening to reveal nothing. Or how about picking up a pen and noticing there are four shoes under a desk where only two should be. A tap on your shoulder while shitting would freak out most, but not as bad as a scratching sensation on one’s ass while shitting and reading the paper. Not a good feeling? If you’re a guy and hear giggling noises behind you while peeing in an empty rest room…then get your rod caught in the zipper…now THAT is a bad feeling.

I don’t mind getting freaked out on occasion. Hell, many people pay good money to get freaked out. I just don’t want fucked up Casper and his buddies showing up while I teach my classes, take a shit, or piss in the top floor’s usually deserted restroom.

There are no voices:

“Did I scare you out of your skin?”

“We like you. You’ll fit in. Let us in. We want you.”

“Hehehehehehehe, I see you.”

“I like your skin.”

“OPEn! opeN. nOpen. ahiOpen. oPen the door.”

But there are noises.

Noises are harmless, usually helpful.

See any ghosts lately?

1 Comments:

  • At 1:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Don, Thats very interesting..when we (Matt and I) lived in japan I had lots of encounters with ghosts..some quite scary..like the suicide victim who kept peeking around the corner from the bathroom where she died, the dead GIs in Okinawa walking into the water! Or how about the old guy who would visit our home every Obon...lots of stories.
    Jen

     

Post a Comment

<< Home